With Forbes reporting that an estimated 4.9 billion people use social media ,paired with the constant introduction of new social media platforms, businesses shouldn’t miss out on the grand opportunity of using more than one social media site.
If using a number of social sites brings on a feeling of uncertainty, we’re here to tell you why it’s an incredibly beneficial move to make. Continue reading for more.
Why Are Multiple Social Accounts Necessary?
While it’s important not to use every social platform simply because it exists, there are very beneficial reasons to use multiple platforms.
- You Could Be Missing Your Target Audience: One social media platform won’t cover all of your bases. Business.com recommends using multiple social media platforms, stating that “becoming part of more than one community will increase your reach and help you connect with more people.”
- Strengthen Your Customer Service: When you have multiple social media accounts, you can keep track of what the general public has to say about your business. You can use that as an opportunity to reply to positive comments and also rectify issues that customers may have with a product or service.
- Improve Search Engine Rankings: As you know, quality content helps with search engine rankings – social media is included in that content. With the creation of strong content, you can move up in SEO rankings, reach a new audience through your social platforms and continue to grow your business.
Things to Consider When Choosing Social Media Platforms
Before you pinpoint which platforms make the most sense for your business, it’s important to consider a few things:
- What Platform Makes the Most Sense for Your Business? Each platform is designed for specific purposes – be it images, video (short form or long form) or text. Does your business feature products? Then an image and/or video based platform makes the most sense, as you can provide visuals of your products and show how they work. If your business is more serviced based, a text heavy social media platform allows you to create written content to explain what your business can offer its audience.
- How Much Time & Effort Goes into Each Platform? There is an amount of time and effort that goes into each social media platform, however some channels may require more of your time than others. For example, Youtube, Tiktok and Instagram Reels are more time consuming due to the process of filming video, editing and providing voiceovers (if needed). X and Facebook still require time in regards to developing your content/posting schedule, however text content is easier to create and oftentimes requires less work. It’s important to consider how much time you have to dedicate to each platform.
- What Platforms Do You Know Best? Sometimes, it’s best to stick with what you know. While learning new platforms is great, there is a strong chance that your tried and true favorites already feature your loyal audience. Continuing to use platforms that you’re familiar with helps with posting consistency – which is essential when looking to grow your online presence.
Blufish Knows Social Media
Blufish provides expert social media management. We do it all from planning and developing content to tracking analytics, scheduling posts and overall social media management. We work with you to create engaging content that places you directly in front of your target audience. Contact us! We’d love to work with you.